Emilie Autumn's fairy wings aren't as easy as she makes them out to be. For starters, stockings are hard to find when you're looking for low quality, cheapo pairs. Who's going to pay $6.99 for stockings you're just gotta rip and tear? I, for one, would not. So I got $2 two pair. That's like, not $13.98, it's great. I spent around $40 on equipment. Not all of it goes to the wings of course, I can save for next time. But I had to buy wire twice, and the second ones didn't come cheap. You see, the first set was too weak that the stockings, when wrapped around properly, sunked in the shape making some funking rectangle with a polygon amout of sides. It's the idea that counts. So Rinsma got me expensive wire, how do I pay him back? I'mma make him a wire heart with the useless wire =D At least it's easier to bend.
I'm not 100% happy with how my wings turned out, but it's my first try so I made lots of mistakes. But I have ways in which I can fix up those mistakes. Here's a sample.




They're fun to make, once the frustration of the wire went away.
No comments:
Post a Comment